Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Watch out - My teen just got her license

Oh that wondrous feeling of freedom, the bliss of independence, that life marker we all remember, receiving our drivers license and heading out on our own for the first time. My daughter made a decision to wait until she was 18 to apply for her driver's license (as a parent I had no problem with this). Today her step-mom took her over to the DMV and less than 30 minutes later my daughter was coming back smiling and radiating confidence, or maybe that was fear? We all remember feeling excited, nervous, or more or less just plain scared but man what an adrenalin rush.

I am proud of my daughter, who continues to work hard while going to college and being the best she can be.


1 comment:

berrypatch said...

Congrats to Em! That is a big accomplishment & I can't even begin to imagine trying to drive where you all live! Yikes!! Give me a nice quite country road any day! :-)