Monday, February 16, 2009

The Magic of Being a Child



I love watching my children discover the magic of the world around them. This past weekend the El Cajon Library sponsored a local Magician, Michael E. Johnson, for a magic show. Michael was truly a great entertainer, who handle the kids wonderfully, and added a touch of that subtle adult humor to keep us all laughing and entertained. My daughter Katie was selected for one of his routines and I so wish I had my camcorder to capture the amazement on her face when one foam rabbit turned into many.

As adults we understand the concept of mis-direction but the kid in me wanted to ignore and look on in wonder and amazement, just like my daughter. Too often life has a way of desensitizing our view and not letting us see the wonder of God that surrounds us in our everyday life. I hope I can continue an attitude of wonder and amazement, even when life seems to get the best of me.


No comments: