Friday, August 15, 2008

The Tooth Fairy is coming to the Gillespie's

We knew they day would be coming soon and today was the day! Katie has had a loose tooth for the past couple of days and today it came out, she is so proud of herself. Now the ongoing discussion is, "How much money does the tooth fairy bring for that first lost tooth?" We want it to be a bit special but at the same time we do not want to set a precedent that would be expected on subsequent teeth.

We asked Katie how much she thought it should be and her response, "How about 30 bucks!" Wow, I know today's dollar is not worth what it used to be, inflation is on the rise, and we are in a recession but 30 bucks?

Kassie's (my three year old) response to her sister's lost tooth, "Holy Cow!" Very appropriate.

My wife posed this question to her Mommy friends and got all sorts of answers back, ranging from conservative to way out there.

We are going to have to talk this one over with the tooth fairy and see if we can come to some fair terms but I am thinking a nice crisp five dollar bill should work.

2 comments:

berrypatch said...

$5 huh? I've not done that yet here & Ben already knows the real story. He tried to get $4 for a recently lost molar & I only gave $1.50. I typically do just $0.50 - they always seemed thrilled with it. All my boys got their baby teeth late so they are loosing them late. Nate's only lost 1-2 at this point & he's pushing 8 years old. Ben is still loosing teeth & still has about 5-6 baby teeth left I think.

Anonymous said...

Very Funny